Our office is now equipped with the Waterlase - a breakthrough in laser dentistry. Laser energized water, Hydrokinetics , replaces the drill in many instances. Waterlase does away with whine of the drill. Since there is no heat or vibration, the Waterlase reduces the need for needles and anesthesia.
What is Waterlase Technology?
Waterlase uses the Hydrokinetic process which gently washes away decay with YSGG laser-energized water droplets. Hydrokinetic energy is produced by combining a spray of atomized water with laser energy. The resulting Waterlase (HydroKinetic ) energy gently and precisely removes a wide range of human tissue including tooth enamel (the hardest substance in the body), and soft tissue (gum tissue) with no heat or discomfort in most cases.
What are the benefits of Waterlase?
No Drills, NO Needles, No Numbness *in most cases.
- Heat and vibration are the causes of most of the discomfort associated with the drill. Since Hydrokinetic cutting does not transmit heat or vibration, MANY DENTAL PROCEDURES CAN BE PERFORMED WITHOUT ANESTHESIA, IN MOST CASES.
- The laser's pinpoint accuracy is precise enough that your dentist can leave in place as much healthy tooth structure as possible, allowing you to keep your own teeth longer.
- Gently performs numerous soft tissue (gums) procedures with little or no bleeding. The laser gives your dentist a new high-tech tool for many' procedures that previously required referral to a specialist. Now you can have them performed during your scheduled appointment and feel better afterwards!
- The Waterlase prepares your teeth in a way that maximizes the bonding of tooth colored fillings, allowing them to last longer.
Waterlase Better Enamel Bonding & Beautiful Contouring
Cavity preparation with NO smear layer, which increases bond strength and provides you with longer lasting fillings.
Beautiful gingival recontouring without scalpel.
Waterlase – A Safe Treatment
In the hands of your trained dentist, the Waterlase is a safe medical device. The laser provides pinpoint accuracy, reducing the chance of causing damage to healthy tissues. The primary safety measure necessary during laser treatment is proper protective glasses.
What can the Waterlase be used for?
- Root Canals
- Decay Removal
- Cavity Preparation
- Smile Design
- General soft tissue procedures
- General dentistry for enamel and dentin
- Avoid the shot & being "numbed"
Waterlase (TM – Trademark)
Hydrokinetics (TM – Trademark)
Brought to you from the leaders in dental lasers - BIOLASE